- First Download Active Password Changer
- Start your computer and enter into Bios Setup.
- Change your boot preferences to boot from CD /DVD.
- Insert your Active Password Changer Bootable CD.
Press , Choose Windows system Disk Press Enter
Logical Drive Selection
If you have chosen the first option on Options screen you may select a particular volume to scan for SAM detection. Press Enter.
If the only SAM database is detected, press [ENTER] to get users information
After SAM database is scanned for all users the list of local users will be detected: Select your user Press Enter
Password Reset and changing account parameters
- After user account is chosen you see its information form SAM database:
- If you defined this user as a user you need to change settings and reset password, just press [Y] to do that.
- You can also change default recommended settings and make your own choice. To choose desired option use arrows keys and [Space] key to mark or unmark it
To select and choose days and hours use arrow keys and [Space] bar. Please note that hours are pointed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and you should take into accountyour time zone. NOTE: Default Windows system accounts may not have “permitted logon hours” options;
Press [Y] if you like to save your changes or press [Esc] to save account intact and return to previous window (List of accounts)